Did you know that in the 70’s, research found that French people are less likely to have heart disease? If there is anything the French are synonymous with, it is wine. Red wine in particular is one of the most popular kinds of wine.
What is Red wine?
Red wine is produced when dark grapes are crushed and fermented. This brand of liquor has been around for a long time. Even monks in the olden times used to have a regular glass every now and then. This is because red wine actually has some hidden health benefits.
Let’s have a look at some of the great health uses of red wine;
- Stress relief: Red wine contains a very special ingredient known as resveratrol. This is a naturally-occurring antioxidant that you normally find in dark grapes. This antioxidant has a very exciting effect on the body. It directly reduces oxidative stress which is linked to a lot of heart diseases and cancer.
- Depression: First of all, nobody can be sad when a bottle of good red is around. The better news is red wine actually helps to reduce levels of depression (if you keep it to 2-7 glasses a week; according to a 2013 study)
- Sharper Mind: Wines-red in particular-contains a certain element known as flavanol. This flavanol serves as a shield that guards the human cells and also promotes blood vessel health. Overall, the flow of blood to the brain is improved, leading to a better memory, sharper mind and longer life.
- Blood pressure: Red wine could actually be the medicine you did not know you needed. Remember resveratrol? Turns out it can also reduce blood pressure and encourage production of healthy cholesterol. The procyanidin compound in red wine also has the ability to cleanse blood vessels and improve the body system health.
- Liver health: You have always been told that alcohol destroys your liver. But what if there is actually a type of alcohol that helps? Yeah there is one, and it is red wine.
Consumption of red wine has actually been linked to a more healthy liver, lowering the risk of liver fibrosis.
- Disease protection: Wine is usually thought to be healthy for the body because it contains one great chemical called polyphenol. Polyphenol is an antioxidant and this means that it can lessen inflammation in the body. Inflammation is one the top causes of disease, so whichever way you look at it, that is a win-win.
Red wine can also help you build better gut health, improve your digestion and build immunity to infection. Beyond all these absolutely amazing health benefits, red wine is also a really fun way to spend your self-care night, or to finish off a romantic date. That should count for something in the self-care department.
If all of that did not convince you, then you should try one of our signature Blue Nun red wines and see what all the fuss is about. We offer a variety of premium luxury red wines suited for every ceremony and celebration.